Archive for the ‘Registry’ Category
If you’re looking to register or just to add a few more items to your gift list, why not choose something romantic? Universally recognized as a symbol of love, hearts have inspired several collections of home décor.
Fun and flirty designs decorate the most formal of items giving each piece an elegant flair with a hint of mischief. But some designers eschew the whimsy for serious and sophisticated giftware that expertly reflects refined beauty.
Below are my favorite selections of heart-inspired giftware:
1. Mikasa Love Story dinnerware – This collection of round or square porcelain is whimsically decorated with hearts in a fun and stylish version of formal china. Celebrate your love and go funky, not formal for all those holidays of togetherness.
2. Nambe Heart bowl – Available in metal or crystal, this heart-shaped bowl would make a statement on anyone’s coffee table. The fluidity and roundness of the bowls are spellbinding and make for the perfect gift.
3. Michael Aram Heart frame – A nickel-plated frame is surrounded by tumbling hearts in a simple, yet elegant way. And your wedding photo may easily be replaced by that of a family shot if a little one makes an appearance.
4. Waterford Love and Romance flutes – This pair of long-stemmed toasting flutes is graceful and may be used long after your wedding toast is over. New Year’s Eve, anniversaries, and romantic dinners will be so much more interesting with such beautiful crystal.
5. Waterford Heart ring holder – Every bride needs a ring holder and what’s more romantic than the heart-shaped crystal and elegant cuts of Waterford? It’s the perfect engagement gift and a sweet reminder of romance.
6. Orrefors Valentino votive – This sculpted glass votive holder is sparklingly translucent and oh-so-romantic. What better way to celebrate the light in your life with this candle holder?
7. Riedel Black Tie Bliss decanter – Wine enthusiasts should know Riedel’s (pronounced Ree dull) unparalleled design makes for the best wine. This sleek decanter with the heart cutout serves both form and function.
8. Lenox True Love Autograph frame – Surround yourselves with special advice and well wishes from your favorite people. A guest book alternative, this autograph frame allows you to remember your special day in a truly unique way.
9. Lenox Jubilee Pearl cake topper – A silver plated cake topper with faux pearls would be an adorable accessory to your wedding cake. This is a lovely combination of modern and vintage if you’re looking for something other than a monogram.
10. Lenox True Love dessert set – This silver-plated dessert set may be used time and again for slicing the sweet out of life. Adorned with two hearts, it’s a must-have for the perfect pair.
Macy’s Scan for a Grand one day event is Wednesday, June 20, 2012.
Make sure you’re registering at Macy’s that day for the chance to win. Find the official QR code to scan for your chance to win it big.
At Macy’s Wedding & Gift Registry, we help you create your happily ever after. Discover everything you need to help make your fairy tale come true.
Click here to find the store nearest you.
Don’t forget to make an appointment for your chance to win! I’ve heard several stores are giving away extra prizes too!
It’s that time of the year again, and I’m bringing you more gift ideas for those wonderful duos that you know and love! So toss the fruit cake and calendars (because they’re usually re-gifted anyway) and get them something they’ll truly enjoy!
1. Ralph Lauren Cocktail Party barware – This sleek and stylish crystal is appealing to everyone, and even has a certain Mad-Men-esque flair. So dress your best because you’ll surely be invited to a snazzy soiree with these gifts!
2. Reed & Barton Bristol flatware chest – Give the gift of storage this holiday season as couples forego counter space in favor of condos and apartments. Their flatware will sparkle nicely in the plush interior of the chest.
3. Ralph Lauren plaid throw – Turn up the heat with this cozy bundle of warmth that’s stylish enough to decorate the most modern of pads. It’s the perfect date night accompanied with wine and a movie!
4. Keurig Platinum B70 coffee maker – It’s not the coffee buzz they’ll be thankful for with this awesome gift! Your morning coffee has never been easier and guests will be clamoring to try out such a fun gadget.
5. Henckels Twin Gourmet 8-piece steak knife set – For the superstitious, be sure to tape a penny to the box before gifting it; however, steak-lovers everywhere will rejoice in such marvelous cutlery.
6. Victorinox Swiss Army Avolve 22’’ carry-on – Luxury isn’t just to be found in exotic beaches and far-flung locations. This luggage will make the most mundane weekend get-away extra special. With a lifetime guarantee and unparalleled customer service, your gift will exceed expectations.
7. Homedics Foot Massager Spa – Even the most shy-guys can secretly enjoy this heavenly experience in the comfort of home. This mini foot Jacuzzi is packed with all sorts of soothing wonders.
8. Neato XV-11 floor vac – Who needs to clean with this robotic vacuum that does it all for you! It even has a sensor that avoids bumping into any object, and hey, the dog can get a workout too.
9. Apropos Della Corte wall sconces – No, you don’t need to live in a Transylvanian dungeon to appreciate the beauty of wall sconces! Spice up your home décor with this pair of fleur de lys lighting selections.
10. Waterford 2011 Twas the Night Before Christmas ornament – And all the through the house, your gift will be given to a future spouse! So allow your couple to celebrate their first of many married Christmases with an annual ornament.
Hopefully this list will help you all choose an excellent gift this season and I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah! If you were given an exceptional gift last season, I’d love to hear about it. Feel free to leave a comment.