Wedding is the time when we gather with our friends and relatives -some of them we haven’t seen in a long time, to celebrate love. Most weddings have themes that must be strictly followed. It is crucial to be guided accordingly and wear the appropriate attire in this fun and love filled celebration.
In regards to the gown or dress, there is one simple rule: Never outshine the bride. It is the couple, especially the bride’s moment; so do not steal the limelight from her. Most brides have their wedding gowns in white, hence to be safe never wear white in a wedding unless the couple themselves as part of a special theme orders it.
Since the outfit is dependent on the theme of the wedding, let us skip that and go straight ahead with the footwear!
High heels are the best shoes for women to wear in a wedding as it is formal and sophisticated, however, it is important that you choose comfortable high heels, you’ll never know how long you have to wine and dine with the couple and guests.
Pumps and Stilettos are the most popular high heels for occasions like weddings. They are the most comfortable high heels if they are made of quality materials. Make sure to try them on and walk them around for some minutes before buying them. The lighter they feel, the better they are for your feet. Christian Louboutin has classic style pumps and stilettos that are very light to walk on!
If the wedding theme is funky and retro don’t fret because we have the Mary Jane high heels suited for this event. Mary Jane is a retro style of high heels with a touch of modern look in it. Mary Jane is one of the most comfortable high heels in the market because of its support strap. Jimmy Choo, Gucci and other women’s favorite designers have Mary Jane and other retro style high heels. If you do not want to spend too much on shoes, Modcloth has affordable but stylish Mary Janes for grabs too!
d’Orsay Pumps are common to see at weddings as well. It has this classy design that perfectly accentuates the legs of the women when wearing pencil skirts or dresses. Also it is best for middle-aged women who want to look fabulous and still be in style.
For summer weddings the most comfortable high heels are the Slingback Pump, Wedge Pump, Peep Toe Pump and Gladiator Heels. These high heels are both casual and formal. You can wear them to garden weddings or even beach weddings! The openings add the summer touch to the style at the same time allowing your feet to breathe.
Now if you’re a more trendy person and you want comfortable high heels that are at the same time sleek and in fashion, Mule would definitely suit your kin. Mules are backless and chunky high heels that you simply slip your foot into! It is edgy by nature but can be toned down by the dress you wear.
Finally, the high heels that is occupying the shelves at the moment tagged as the ‘’it’’ shoes of the season, the Barely there Stiletto Sandals. Popularized by Rihanna and having included in the River Island’s Sandals Collection, the Barely there Stiletto Sandals is absolutely a must have. It can transform your overall look no matter what you are wearing! Comfortable high heels that cost $40 to $100, how can you go wrong? Definitely shining bright like a diamond there! But not too much, no overshadowing of the bride remember?
Choosing the perfect high heels can be crucial for women. You want to look trendy and fab not flashy and a drab. You also want to own a pair that are for keeps and can be used several times.
Tips in choosing the right pair of heels:
- For open shoes, the size should be at least half or one size smaller. For closed shoes, the size should be at least half or one size bigger. Wearing footwear that is too tight for your feet can damage your toenails causing them to break or even bruise underneath. Wearing footwear that is too loose for your feet will only make you uncomfortable the entire time.
- The style of the heels should blend well with the outfit you plan to match them. However, it is practical to choose a style that you can use often and in most occasions.
- The longer you need to wear the heels, the shorter the heels that you may prefer. Wearing 5-inch heels the whole day or evening is not good for your feet as it increases the pressure on them causing your sole to hurt and muscle cramps. Some may even develop fractures so be sure to pick the right height. Normal heels should be about 2-3 inches high.
- Comfort comes with a price. If you want comfortable heels that will not tire you and give you blisters then be prepared to pay a little bit more. Also, you want to keep those pairs as long as you can.
- Take care of the heels. First of all, make sure to wear your heels with your feet fully dry. Sometimes it is unavoidable that our feet become too sweaty. Take them off as soon as you can.
- After wearing the heels, make sure to dry them out under the sun for a few hours to kill the fungus that may be growing in them.
- Store them properly and in room temperature. Keeping them in too hot or too cold storage rooms may damage the footwear or will cause mold build up.
After all, when attending a wedding, what’s important is that your presence is sincere and that you truly wish the couple the best in their marriage. Dressing up and accentuating them with the right and comfortable high heels is like the cherry on top of the cake showing your effort in their special once in a lifetime moment.